3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 4:27 PM by kevin_intel

Intel Turbo memory controller card

recreaghmd

Well, last two questions on 2012 never got answered and this is old technology, but whom could I ask?

I installed a 4GB turbo memory controller card (ITMCC) successfully into a Lenovo T61p laptop with a T9500 processor and 8 GB of RAM.w/ Windows 7 Ultimate 64b.

I also use rapid storage technology drivers (RST) for my AF SATA HDD.

Prior to installation I was using Intel ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI controller v:9.6 successfully.

During installation of the ITMCC software, I was warned that I was installing older drivers and indeed, they were eventually found to be v:8.9.8.1005.

Boot became slower than before and even got one message from windows that the driver was delaying the boot.

Yet the ITMCC seems to be working well and on any initial program activation, the LED of the ITMCC get quite active. After this, any subsequent same program execution appears to be remarkably 25% of the previous time. I love that!

The TM Console only allows the use the Ready Drive, the Ready Boost is grayed out.

There is a general hesitation on executing anything, even URLs, for which I have to allow 1-2 second after selecting before I execute. It was never like that before.

I tried to return to the previous RST driver v:9.6, This solved the boot speed and the hesitation but the Ready Drive has being deselected. and the ITMCC not working. If them is selected it will ask for a reboot leading to an eventual blue screen due to hardware problem. Rolling back the RST driver back to: 8.9.8.1005 will solve this problem.

I realize that this old technology probably has no enthusiast among your peoples but I was hopping you might have a solution other that taking the ITMCC out.

Cheers.