1. >> In Re: SPP (bluetooth) question I said: This seems like a good place to post this wrt: Edison serial BT connection, but I may start a new thread depending on what happens next. When I get the thread number for this new one, I'll put it back in the old thread (which was originally marked answered before I added the question below) to re-direct here.
2. The new Feb 15 2015 v2 Bluetooth guide is here (link) Intel® Edison Boards and Compute Modules — Intel® Edison Bluetooth User Guide or http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035381.htm (hope that works, should see hyperlink and a raw link, this text box tries to convert the raw link)
3. The SPP profile guide is in there, but with some gaps. The biggest gap (for me so far) is on p. 46:
"Using the test-profile python script in the BlueZ test folder, it is possible to get at the application layer of the RFCOMM socket file. The same file is modified a little bit to loopback received data to receive on the other side to verify SPP, and this file is renamed SPP-loopback.py. Download this file and copy the script into your Intel® Edison device. Find the changes in the test-profile.py file, make the necessary changes, and push the SPP_loopback.py file into your Intel® Edison device. using scp."
4. You can pretty much figure out where the BlueZ code is coming from by looking elsewhere in the Intel document, for example the link on p.30 : http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/attrib. Back up from there to this: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/test/test-profile
(hah, figured out if you hover over an auto-converted link you can convert it back to raw again)
5. I dont see anything obvious in changelogs http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/log/test/test-profile?showmsg=1 or
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/log/test that could affect for example a change from when the Intel document was written to what I see now. Maybe this checkin from Johan Hedberg is relevant but without knowing if we are even close, I cant tell: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/test/test-profile?id=fe57c2641aebfdc0aec7aa53c1254834cd0ba256
6 Anyone know or can you guess what "The same file is modified a little bit to loopback received data" and "Find the changes in the test-profile.py file, make the necessary changes" could mean?