Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Does all PM45 accept Core2QUAD ???

idata
Employee

Does all PM45 accept Quad processors?

Is There differant version of the PM45?

Of course, I suppose that the Bios too need to support Quads cpu (correct me if I wrong), but should Core2Quads need special motherboard?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Have you checked this link?

http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35515

Note it all depends on the OEM manufacturer. It is best to get a CPU compatibility check from the OEM Manufacturer.

All Bios also needs to support it.

The link above is just chipset and cpu combination. Chipset features can be enabled or disabled by diffeent OEM Manufacturer.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, thanks for this remark.

In fact, I have a computer which include a BIOS which support Q9000 (I'm sure of that, this bios is used in a model with Q9000, I downloaded it, compared with mine, same serial number, same file tall, same files inside, I even installed it on my computer...)

My computer have the good chipset/cpu combination too... 😉

As you said "Chipset features can be enabled or disabled by diffeent OEM Manufacturer".

Could makers like HP (by example), change this features to avoid to support Q9000?

SO, 'Where' manucturers controle this feature?

I mean by hardware on motherboard (put pins of PM45 to 0 or 1), or by software with a bios which could check the ID information EEPROM of the model, and adapt by the way its own micro-code to avoid or not some CPUs ???

Regards

0 Kudos