4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 1:08 PM by SAHER_MAQSOOD

Can't connect through SSH - using On-board linux

SAHER_MAQSOOD

Hello,

I want to try connecting galileo G2 through SSH. I am still using the on-board linux image and have not moved to the bigger linux image yet.

I am following the Networking PPTX from the following link:Intel Software Academic Program

In the slides (Networking PPTX - slide 10) it is written:

//the IP address for the Galileo: (will be used if there’s no DHCP server on your network)

byte ip[] = { ???, ???, ???, ??? };   

Can you guide me which IP should I give here.

What fixed IP can I give? Will any random IP work?

I tried to give the following  IP after studying DHCP, as it is from the same pool as allocated to me  :

byte ip[] = { 192,168,178,24 };

The ethernet is configure as after running the sketch,

Serial.println("Sounds good");

is printed.

1) The problem is that I am unable to run the following commands from slide 12:

Display ifconfig output

Run sketch from the following slide, it will :
      > run the ifconfig linux command
      > output the result in a file
      > display the file content

They don't get verified by the IDE and give the errors shown in the attached image (P1).

P1.png

2) Now moving on when i try to connect through SSH, giving the same IP as above, it says 'Connection Refused'. I am able to ping the IP from my system(Windows 8.1) and I can also connect through telnet by enabling telnet through the following command:

system("telnetd -l /bin/sh");

Is there a similar command to start SSH on Galileo? (There is no image on SD card yet.it is formatted as FAT 32)

Since I am logged into the board via telnet, can i check if SSH is up and working for the board? 

Regards

Saher Maqsood