2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 4:35 PM by CMata_Intel

I think i bricked my i2c 6 as well

Patrick_C

So I've spent hours trying to get i2c up and running, I finally figured out that I am unable to register half of the pins listed below( taken from EmutexLabs guide for configuring i2c) .  I've tried rebooting/ unplugging everything/ reflashing the firmware has had no effect.

Thinking there might be something wrong with this board, I got my hands on another Edison, flashed to the latest image, and viola immediately all the commands work, and I can detect my device using i2cdetect -y -r 6.

I did several reboots and everything works perfectly.  I decided to test running i2cdetect -y -r 6 again without running the commands listed below first, and I thought I bricked the i2c 6 on this board as well.  It had all the same errors that the previous board had. BUT, This board would recover after a cold shutdown ( unplug power / serial for a few seconds, then plug back in) I have been able to repeat this process numerous times and it seems as if this board CAN recover from those i2c issues, but the 1st board cannot.  Is there something I'm missing for the first one or does it seem bricked? I already opened a warrenty case for it.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there something that can be done to fix this?

Sorry if there's missing information, I'm writing this from memory.  Let me know if you want me to post some info up, and i'll try and get that.

Thanks all!!!

echo 28 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 27 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 204 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 205 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 236 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 237 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 14 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 165 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 212 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 213 > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo 214 > /sys/class/gpio/export