Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

How do I disable Adaptive Display on the XPS 13 2015?

LBond
Beginner

I got my new XPS 13 (Intel HD Graphics 5500) yesterday and the Adaptive Display is driving me mad - and I can't find a way to turn it off.

So far I have:

Disabled Adaptive Brightness in the advanced power settings (for every power plan).

Disabled the Sensor Monitoring Service.

I tried uninstalling the Intel Graphics driver, that also did nothing.

There's nothing in the Intel Graphics Control Panel to turn it off (unlike my previous laptop).

There's nothing in the BIOS.

Is there, or will there be, anyway to turn the Adaptive settings off?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

Have you contacted http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/dhs?c=us&l=en&ST=dell%20support&dgc=ST&cid=262026&lid=4740861&acd=123098073120560 Dell Support? With it being a new laptop and under warranty the is the first place to contact.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
kimpk
Beginner

Thank you for posting. The OP is not having this problem alone. I have seen 20+ Dell users posting this issue on various boards. Dell has not provided an official solution yet.

Normally, there is an option available in the Intel Graphics Control Panel. This option is inaccesible on the XPS 13 (2015). Is there another way to access this option (e.g. some windows registry? or some other tweaking?)

Alternatively, does someone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos