Hello Diegorai, this type of error has been reported at Intel. At the following URL you will be able to find several solutions.
I hope this information helpful for you.
Hello, sylvia, thanks for your answer, but none of the problems specified in the link you gave me are my case. I don't get any BSOD or blue screen nor any of the error messages shown there (I posted them below). In any case, I have already did the troubleshooting the link recommends (mainly update drivers and NET Framework), and the problem still persists.
- Error: "Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn't handle, and now it needs to restart."
- Error: "GfxUI has stopped working."
- Error: "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
- Error: "Your system has recovered from a serious error. Display driver for the device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Display driver for the [graphics device] seems to be responsible for the instability. Check the manufacturer for a device driver update."
- Error: "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."
- Error: "The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."
- Error: "The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error. Please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. The application will now terminate."
- Error: "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop."
- Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang".
- Error: "0x8E - Access Violation".
- Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue".
Diegorai, Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system?
(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).
And the system Information report: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.
When did you start getting this behavior?
Can you also let me know when are you getting this behavior? While using a specific application or software?