3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 2:57 PM by sylvia_intel

motherboard Intel BOXDH87MC

and_rider

I have a problem with the motherboard Intel BOXDH87MC LGA 1150 and bought the BX80646I54430 processor. at the end of the year began intel power supervisor has detecteda catastrophic power event has occurred. please check your system power suplly if this problem persists . press any key to continue.  after that the source burned a themaltake Toughpower 750W . put another of a less known brand and burned as well. This series is defective ?

• 1. Re: motherboard Intel BOXDH87MC
          sylvia_intel

Hello And_rider, thanks for joining the Motherboards community.

This kind of behavior seems to be cause by grounding.

Please bear in mind that the motherboard and the processor are not given power to the power supply, so I would suggest you to try to boot your system with the minimal configuration, using only the motherboard, processor, one memory stick and the power supply, but out of the chassis.

Let me know the results.

• 2. Re: motherboard Intel BOXDH87MC
            and_rider

some 15 days ago after he burnt the source ( 750W Toughpower themaltake ) removed the video card , it would not like to test with the video card R6950 TWIN Frozr III Power Edition / OC . why not have an adequate supply for testing.

Testing was done

BOXDH87MC LGA 1150

Memory 8GB DDR3 G.Shill ( 2x4GB ) 1600MHz Ripjaws - F3-12800CL9D - 8GBRL

BX80646I54430 processor

hd 1tb seagate barracuda 5400

and a source of standard 500w

1 dvd recorder

but inside the case

pc called after a day ate to give message intel power supervisor has detecteda catastrophic power event has occurred. please check your system power suplly if this problem persists , then it was bad also . now bought new source ( Seasonic 750W 80 Plus Gold S12G S12G -750 (SS- 750RT ) ) . I'm afraid to test with Source .

• 3. Re: motherboard Intel BOXDH87MC
              sylvia_intel

I’m really sorry and_rider, but the only way to find out what is causing this behavior will be by testing the board out of the chassis with minimum configuration.

If you want to replace the motherboard or the processor, you can get in touch with our Warranty team if they are still under warranty, but if the problem is being caused by another device, the issue will continue

Warranty department  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport or submit a web ticket at the following URL

https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/emailpage.aspx?lang=en-us

Regards,