Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2823 Discussions

Intel vPro/AMT for IT consultants?

MBres
Beginner

How would I implement/deploy/manage Intel vPro/AMT for out-of-band management across multiple different client sites?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bruno_Domignues
Employee

Basically, you should follow your management console architecture guideline, e.g. SCCM, Altiris, Landesk, etc... For provisioning stand point, the architecture limitation rely on FQDN domains instead of sites for admin control mode, i.e. if you have several domains in your organization, you will need an Intel SCS for each domain *or* use a certificate for provision with multiples Subject Alternate Name for each domain that you have in your organization.

Let me know if you have further questions on this topic.

Best Regards!

-Bruno Domingues

MBres
Beginner

I'm not really clear on your response. I'm an IT consultant that supports mostly small to mid-size businesses, and so being able to have out-of-band management to their systems remotely (or via VPN) would be great if the needs arises to reboot them remotely, etc. (and my main method of remote access is down because the system has crashed, etc.). However, I'm not clear on what you mean by management console architecture guideline - I don't have a management console currently. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bruno_Domignues
Employee

Hi, based on your scenario, I would recommend you take a look into http://meshcentral.com/ meshcentral.com. You can manage multiples machines behind NAT and still have OOB access.

Best Regards!

-Bruno Domingues

0 Kudos