3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 11:34 AM by sylvia_intel

No sound over HDMI

prettyfish

I'm facing the same problem as this guy (whom I found by googling): No sound on HDMI through a Pioneer VSX-527, works if connected directly to the TV - Ask Ubuntu

Basically, my PC (Ubuntu Server 14.04) is connected to my receiver (Pioneer PSX-527 - detected as "Pioneer Electronic Corporation 72"") via HDMI. Both the TV and the receiver supports 4K resolution. I can however not get any sound if I set the resolution to 1920x1080 and the refresh rate at 60 Hz. In order to get sound too, I have to go down to 25 Hz.

My CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz and I'm using the built-in graphics chipset.

How can I get sound to my TV at 60 Hz? Is this even a driver issue, or is my receiver simply not good enough?

• 1. Re: No sound over HDMI
          sylvia_intel

Hello Prettyfish, thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I would recommend you to check if you are running the latest BIOS and latest graphics drivers on your system.

Bear in mind that we only provided drivers for Windows operating systems, so it will be necessary to look for the specific drivers on a Linux community.

• 2. Re: No sound over HDMI
            HCarmo

Hello Sylvia,

I don´t really know if is this the correct place.. but I´m similar issue with my laptop. I´m able to connect my Philips TV through HDMI, but tv is only receiving the video signal. No audio is available. I´ve already tried upgrading to the latest video card drivers. I don´t know what else can I do? Do you think you guys can help me?

Below are the specs of my system:

Philips TV 32PFL7606/78

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

System Model: RV411/RV511/E3511/S3511/RV711/E3411

BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore(tm) NB Version 07PA.M014.20121127.XW

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 480  @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Thx in Advance.

Henrique Carmo.

• 3. Re: No sound over HDMI
              sylvia_intel

Henrique, you may want to check the following link. It's an interactive diagnostic flowchart to help you isolate and resolve audio issues with Intel® Desktop Boards Desktop Boards — Troubleshooting Audio Issues

This other link will give you information and troubleshooting steps when there is No Audio Through My HDMI Cable

Graphics Drivers — No Audio Through My HDMI Cable