11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 3:35 AM by arfoll

Edison breakout runs LED blink demo code issue

Yudofu

Hi all:

I have a Edison breakout board without Arduino, and install Intel XDK IOT edition.

I flash the unit to the SW version edison-image-rel1-maint-rel1-ww42-14, and also update the MRAA to Version: v0.5.4-105-gbaa1a0a  by below instructions

1. echo "src maa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic" > /etc/opkg/intel-iotdk.conf

2. opkg update

3. opkg upgrade

I start a demo project for LED blink, I can upload and build the project without error/warning, however, the 1Hz waveform comes from J17 pin 14, which should be GP128/UART1_CTS.mraa: Intel Edison

In the sample code, it is

var myOnboardLed = new mraa.Gpio(13)

I believe the MRAA of Edison breakout or Edison Arduino should be the same; so I can't understand why mraa.Gpio(13) would make GP128 working.

If I change Gpio(13) to another number such as Gpio(28), there is more error.

ERROR: /node_app_slot/main.js:23                                                                                                                                                                                             

ERROR: var myOnboardLed = new mraa.Gpio(28); //LED hooked up to digital pin 13 (or bu                                                                                                                                         

ERROR:                    ^                                                                                                                                                                                                   

ERROR: Error: Illegal arguments for construction of _exports_Gpio                                                                                                                                                             

at Object.<anonymous> (/node_app_slot/main.js:23:20)                                                                                                                                                                     

at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)                                                                                                                                                                                     

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)                                                                                                                                                                       

at Module.load (module.js:356:32)                                                                                                                                                                                         

at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)                                                                                                                                                                               

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)                                                                                                                                                                             

at startup (node.js:119:16)                                                                                                                                                                                               

at node.js:906:3 

I start another demo project DigitalWrite with same Edison unit, I still can upload and build, but there is error and not able to execute, situation is worse than above project.

\\      

ERROR: /node_app_slot/main.js:24                                                                                                                                                                                             

ERROR: var myDigitalPins5= new io.Gpio(5);                                                                                                                                                                                   

^                                                                                                                                                                                                         

ERROR: Error: Illegal arguments for construction of _exports_Gpio                                                                                                                                                             

at Object.<anonymous> (/node_app_slot/main.js:24:21)                                                                                                                                                                     

at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)                                                                                                                                                                                     

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)                                                                                                                                                                       

at Module.load (module.js:356:32)                                                                                                                                                                                         

at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)                                                                                                                                                                               

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)                                                                                                                                                                             

at startup (node.js:119:16)                                                                                                                                                                                               

at node.js:906:3 

I checked some similar posts and the solutions are to upgrade MRAA, but I have done it. I also change Gpio(5) to Gpio(5,false) but not work.

Do I use incorrect MRAA package or miss anything? Please help to give some suggestion if possible, thank you.