hi i was trying to unzip a tar file using this command :-

tar xvfJ gtk+-3.14.0.tar.xz

although i am using a 32 GB sd card its giving me this error

i think its about memory alocation

Kindly help

Regards

Annu shah

Heidelberg University

• 1. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi annu_shah,

Where are you trying to un-compress the file? If you want to un-compress it in the SD card you should be under the SD card directory which is the following:

/media/sdcard

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
            annu_shah

Basically i am trying to install the gtk+ library which i need to use for functions like imshow in opencv.

i am following these two links :-

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-building.html

GTK+ Download: GNU/Linux

first i need to download the tar file and then extract it while extracting i am getting the error.

i was following this link :-

intel galileo gen 2 opencv problem with namedWindow imshow waitKey

Intel Galileo Gen 2 Eurobot

annu shah - Videos - Google+

• 3. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
              annu_shah

kindly help me with this i have to follow a deadline

• 4. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                Thror

Hi Annu shah,

Take a look to this discussion write error: No space left on device to understand the issue.

When I have this problem, I usually delete the directory /var/log/journald . It is not a good solution, but the bug isn't correct yet.

Save all your file in the sd to not fill up of the internal memory.

• 5. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                  DiegoV_Intel

Hi annu_shah,

I found another thread, intel galileo gen 2 opencv problem with namedWindow imshow waitKey, where you asked this same question and I got confused. Are you using a Galileo or an Edison board?

In that thread you also received a suggestion. Did you already check it?

Regards,

Diego.

• 6. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                    annu_shah

I am using intel galileo gen 2 yocto 1.4.3

in the media there is a folder card i tried to unzip it there i am getting the same error

tar: gtk+-3.14.0/gtk: Cannot mkdir: No space left on device

• 7. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                      annu_shah

i am using intel galileo gen 2 i am still getting an error

• 8. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                        KurtE

For what it is worth, I downloaded the file to my 16gb sdcard, that I have plugged into my Edison Arduino board.

I used the command: tar -Jxvf gtk+-3.14.0.tar.xz

And it appears like all of the files were extracted.

The card went from about 1% full to about 4% full.  Mine was formatted for fat32.

/dev/mmcblk1p1               1        1946    15626240   c Win95 FAT32 (LBA)

• 9. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                          annu_shah

i am working galileo gen 2 i have been able to extract the file

next i run this command ./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk

i get this :-

checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-uclibc

checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-uclibc

checking for a BSD-compatible install... build-aux/install-sh -c

checking whether build environment is sane... yes

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... build-aux/install-sh -c -d

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... no

checking for nawk... no

checking for awk... awk

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes

checking whether make supports nested variables... yes

checking whether UID '0' is supported by ustar format... yes

checking whether GID '0' is supported by ustar format... yes

checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes

checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes

checking for gcc... gcc

checking whether the C compiler works... yes

checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether we are cross compiling... no

checking for suffix of object files... o

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed

checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes

checking for style of include used by make... GNU

checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3

checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E

checking for gcc... gcc

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed

checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3

checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E

checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes

checking for native Win32... no

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep

checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking minix/config.h usability... no

checking minix/config.h presence... no

checking for minix/config.h... no

checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes

checking for c++... c++

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes

checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes

checking dependency style of c++... gcc3

checking how to print strings... printf

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed

checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F

checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B

checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm

checking whether ln -s works... no, using cp -pR

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768

checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes

checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes

checking how to convert i586-pc-linux-uclibc file names to i586-pc-linux-uclibc format... func_convert_file_noop

checking how to convert i586-pc-linux-uclibc file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop

checking for /usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r

checking for objdump... objdump

checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all

checking for dlltool... no

checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n

checking for ar... ar

checking for archiver @FILE support... @

checking for strip... strip

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok

checking for sysroot... no

checking for mt... no

checking if : is a manifest tool... no

checking for dlfcn.h... yes

checking for objdir... .libs

checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC

checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes

checking if gcc static flag -static works... no

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate

checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes

checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether to build shared libraries... yes

checking whether to build static libraries... no

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E

checking for ld used by c++... /usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking for c++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC

checking if c++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes

checking if c++ static flag -static works... no

checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes

checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so

checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate

configure: creating ./config.lt

config.lt: creating libtool

checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no

checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64

checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3

checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm -B

checking for some Win32 platform... no

checking for shm_open in -lrt... yes

checking for posix_fallocate... yes

checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config

checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes

checking for wayland-scanner... no

checking for WAYLAND_DEPENDENCIES... no

checking whether build environment is sane... yes

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no

configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.41.2    atk >= 2.12.0    pango >= 1.36.7    cairo >= 1.12.0    cairo-gobject >= 1.12.0    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.30.0) were not met:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.41.2' but version of GLib is 2.34.3

No package 'atk' found

No package 'pango' found

No package 'cairo' found

No package 'cairo-gobject' found

No package 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you

installed software in a non-standard prefix

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS

and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

See the pkg-config man page for more details.

• 10. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                            rgb

You system is missing the packages listed at the bottom - which are available at http://www.gtk.org/documentation.php and Cairo-1.14.0

but why are you trying to install a "toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces" on a system without a display?

rgb

• 11. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                              annu_shah

basically my task is to make a line follower using webcam,so i need to run a cpp file with opencv.when i use imshow() wait key functions i get the following error :-

OpenCV Error: Unspecified error (The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script) in cvNamedWindow, file /emb_dev/yocto/meta-clanton_v1.0.4-1dt/yocto_build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/opencv/2.4.9-r1/opencv-2.4.9/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp, line 483

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'

what():  /emb_dev/yocto/meta-clanton_v1.0.4-1dt/yocto_build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/opencv/2.4.9-r1/opencv-2.4.9/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:483: error: (-2) The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script in function cvNamedWindow

as mentioned in this link intel galileo gen 2 opencv problem with namedWindow imshow waitKey

thats why i am trying to install the gtk+ library

• 12. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                                rgb

Do you have to use a webcam? Can you use a CMUCam instead?

http://narobo.com/articles/CMUcam.html

rgb

• 13. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                                  annu_shah

yes webcam is required plus i have to use these functions like imshow and i should be able to see an image.What should i do next install the above libraries,there should be a proper tutorial for installing the gtk+ library in the ds card image.

• 14. Re: tar: gtk+-3.14.0/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device error
                                    rgb

Hi annu

Sorry I haven't tried to use gtk, as just use fswebcam and haven't tired to do any image processing.

a quick search for gtk shows you have opened a number of threads on this issue.

I would suggest you go back and follow the advice in https://communities.intel.com/message/276509#276509 that Intel_Peter gave you

You can install this package by downloading it directly (from here: http://www.gtk.org/download/linux.php) and then follow the instructions in https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-building.html

It would be better to  just use one thread

I assume you are either using the AlexT's version of the standard image or the XDK IoT version.

You will need to copy all source code to the root of the SD card, either by taking the card out and directly copying from your PC or copying to /media/realroot for the standard version. I don't remember the path for IoT, but shouldn't be hard to find.

rgb

1 2 Previous Next