Since you have the latest bios now, there is another easier method how to update the bios. You can give it a try.
Download the .bio file Version 0077 onto a fat formatted usb stick
Go into the Bios.
Advanced >> Boot Configuration.
Bios Update F7 update : Enable
Save and Exit.
Insert the usb stick on the target machine.
Boot the system and press F7 to do the bios update.
Browse the bio file from the usb stick
Check if bios has been downgraded.
More information available on this link:
Otherwise there is another method using a DOS bootable USBstick:
Create a Dos Bootable Memory Stick using the utility below:
Download the iflash package and extract the zip file on the root directory of the Bootable USB
At the prompt type in:
IFLASH /PF ID0077.BIO
Another method is thru ISO method:
Download the ISO Image.
Using PowerIso burn the iso image onto a blank CD
Boot on the CD which is bootable.
Run the batch file
All the best,
i follow your instruction but:
1) whit F7 method the downgrade stop during "flashing image for intel management engine firmware". this is the step:
Preparing image for intel management engine firmware [done]
Preparing image for recovery firmware [done]
Preparing image for main firmware [done]
Flashing image for intel management engine firmware……
2) whit bootable usb and iflash.exe i've error "invalid system disk" at boot and don't open promp. i sure that usb is formatted using bootflashdos.exe.
3) whit iso image i've boot error "boot failure" after boot start and read from cd.
On the Releas note from rev 0101 "After updating to BIOS version 0091 or later, you cannot down rev the
BIOS to version 0083 using iflash.exe. You must use the BIOS Recovery method.".
but recovery method don't connect monitor.......
Last try is Bios Recovery thru FAT FORMATTED USB - Format the USB stick thru Windows.
Try a bios recovery using a formatted USB media.
Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.
Recovery with Formatted USB Stick
1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.
2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
5. Power the system on.
6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
8. Remove usb disk
9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
10. Restart system.
Note: these can be found on:
Yes, you are right, you wont be able to use Iflash, hence two options are ruled out, Iflash Method and ISO Method.
Have you tried the executable file as well?
All the best,
I follow your instruction, but there's a problem.
For downgrade bios rev, I have had to effect the downgrade of every version (from bios rev 0113 to 0111, next from 0111 to 0107, and so on).
Now I have downgraded to rev. 0081, but I can't downgrade to 0077 because on intel download center the version 0079 is not available.
I try all method for downgrade from 0081 to 0077, but without any result (I try also to remove the rtc battery and reset the bios setting).
Have you a solution??