!OK, I've been working with Thor on this, and we came up with the following list of modules, in this order.
I've attached them here for anyone that wants' to create PPP connection with a USB GSM modem.
First the USB modules, next post will have PPP modules (max 5 attachments per post).
does it already work with then new release ? has anybody tried that yet ?
Changes in Release ubilinux-edison-150309:
- Updated to latest Intel kernel patches for Edison
- FTDI drivers and minicom added
- USB Video Class (UVC) drivers added
- USB Audio drivers added
- kernel headers now available for out-of-kernel driver compilation from ubilinux repository
- CRDA added
- USB GSM modem drivers added
- lynx added for allowing wifi setup where username/password required
- MRAA library added (built form source, in /root)
- Including python & nodejs examples
- Examples are in /usr/local/share/mraa/examples
- bluez 5.28 added (built form source, in /root)
- swig 3.05 added (built from source, in /root)
- cmake added
- git added
- iw added
i will answer my own question yes it works, and it works great, big thanks