2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 7:19 AM by coolver86

how to get the bluetooth controller Mac Address !

coolver86

case 1: with  hostnamed service failed to run on the boot

I'm trying to set the bluetooth name in main.conf  in etc / bluetooth  as Name =projectName % d - % h

but it doesn't work the terminal displays projectName %d -%h

I want the bluetooth name to be displayed like projectName + MacAddress bluetooth

case 2: with hostnamed.service running

I solved the problem of this service removing the line privateNetwork=yes  in lib/systemd/systemd-hostnamed.service as was suggested in a forum

in this case in this case it seems that the file main.config is ignored  and the terminal displays the default  hostname

• 1. Re: how to get the bluetooth controller Mac Address !
          Intel_Peter

Hello coolver86,

You could get the desired name in your case 1 if you manually add the MAC address to the project name, I know it's not the ideal behavior but it's the fastest I could think of right now.

You will find your Bluetooth MAC address if you type:

rfkill unblock bluetooth               //This will enable Bluetooth

hcitool dev                                //This will show the interface ID and its MAC address

I hope this helps you.

Peter.

• 2. Re: how to get the bluetooth controller Mac Address !
            coolver86

I'm thinking to write a script that take those values and than it put them  in the configuration file at startup

because my project should be flashed on  other boards and  each board must have its own unique bluetooth identifier

Thanks Peter