Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel - Display Power Saving Technology

AAbel1
Beginner

Ok, this is driving me a little crazy. It concerns an Acer Aspire V Nitro laptop, which comes with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.

My issue is with the stupid adaptive brightness feature, which supposedly automatically adjusts the brightness of my display according to the "ambient" light levels.

I. Hate. It.

I turned off the setting from the Windows control panel, for both Power Saver and High Performance plans, and for both Battery and Plugged In situations.

Issue persists.

The Display Power Saving Technology setting in the Intel Control Panel fixes it, but it keeps getting turned back on everytime I plug or unplug my laptop.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

It seems you are currently having customized drivers from your computer maker. Their drivers will come with certain features as you mentioned the adaptive brightness.

You could try installing generic Intel drivers to try to sort this out.

Please provide your windows version and also if the windows operating system is 32- or 64-bit?

Allan.

AAbel1
Beginner
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
AAbel1
Beginner

Didn't seem to work. Although I now have the latest version of the Intel Control Panel (I notice slight interface changes), the Display Power Saving Option is still there, and it still gets Enabled automatically when I unplug the laptop.

0 Kudos