Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel 4000 Graphics issue (maybe)

TT6
Beginner

Hi there - newbie here...

I have a HP 4540s laptop with Intel 4000 Graphics - the other day after logging on - Windows was loading - at the time when the desktop would appear the screen went 'dark gray' - the mouse is visible and functional - just nothing there to click on...weird ....

Tried running some system diagnostics but that didn't change anything - I can get into and see the task manager - rebooting does nothing - but it DOES flash the desktop before shutting down..... tried poking around for any clues - not being overly technical I didn't venture into anything I don't really understand.

The external video port displayed the same thing - dark screen - put in sleep mode overnight - today it's back on.

I noticed the refresh rate is at 40 - I thought most computers are in the 60 range - the check box that says "hide modes this monitor cannot display" is unchecked -

it's also grayed out - can't check it - I also understand this may be a "backlight converter" problem (?)

Any clues would be helpful....thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TT6
Beginner

I'm on Win 7 by the way...

0 Kudos