Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

HDMI output too dark in games (HD 4400)

JBubb
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue with HDMI output to external monitor (HDMI to DVI) on my notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 - Intel HD Graphics 4400 / GeForce 840M.

The problem appears only in games and only on external monitor (not on notebook display). The image output i too dark, especially shadows, dark rooms etc. And some games are nearly not playable. Maybe it's more gamma correction issue than brightness.

The problem appears even if I disable GeForce and use only Intel HD Graphics. I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit, latest Intel and nVidia drivers.

I've tried to find some gamma/brigtness settings for HDMI in Intel Graphics Control Panel, but haven't found anything.

Is there any way to adjust image parameters for games/3D apps?

I'll be glad for any advice.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi John

There are setting in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel that will allow you to adjust gamma, etc. To access the Control Panel, right click on the desktop and select "Graphics Properties" . Click the "Display" tile and click "Color" options. Additional color options are under the "Advanced" button. There are also many other settings you can adjust in the 3D and Video tiles.

Thanks

Robert

JBubb
Beginner

Thanks for reply.

But unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

Color settings work only in Windows desktop and "2D" apps, not in games. 3D screen in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel doesn't have any color settings.

0 Kudos
JBubb
Beginner

Update - my fault!

The color settings actually work in games. But I'll have to increase brightness before playing, to get proper image.

0 Kudos