8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 2:54 AM by Judyjud

7260 driver version 17.13.11 doesn't work

Rostislav

Hi there,

I have Dell Latitude E7440 notebook with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 7260 devices. The operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. Previously installed drivers of those WiFi and Bluetooth worked properly. I have the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0 and today it offered new drivers. One for WiFi and the second for Bluetooth.

First of all there is a bugs in the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0. It shows a wrong installed version of the bluetooth driver. Instead of showing bluetooth driver version it shows the WiFi driver version. It probably confuses because both the wifi and the bluetooth are based on the same 7260 controller.

But the main problem is that the 17.13.11 version of the 7260 WiFi driver doesn't work. I just can't connect to the AP of my work with that version. The workaround is downgrade to 17.1.0.19 version.

Please fix the WiFi driver and the Driver Update Utility.

P.S. Driver Update Utility screenshot with wrong bluetooth driver version is attached. The latest 17.1.1409.01 bluetooth driver is already installed but as you can see the Driver Update Utility shows 17.1.0.19