1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 7:42 AM by allan_intel

Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard

LRH

I just installed my MB with a Intel E7600 CPU and a new 240Gb SSD.

In the spec's it states min. Bios 0083 for this CPU. I checked the Bios and it is Bios 0059.

I checked the available down loads for this board and the Bios releases are  .0109 to .0133 for Win 7 64 bit and from .0061 to .0133 under the heading of any operating system.

Which update should I go with?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the Desktop Board community.

If you have an older version of the bios, it is recommended to update gradually. One step up at a time, until you reach the latest version.

Allan.

• 2. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
            LRH

Allan

I tried to update it but I could not get to the Successful installation screen until I did a reboot. Then I checked the Bios again and it was still showing the same number (0059) and the ME Firmware was also the same version(.1111).

I don't think it took.

Your thoughts

• 3. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
              allan_intel

Thanks for the information.

Try updating BIOS with the .BIO file or the BIOS recovery method.

Instructions for BIOS recovery available below:

Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update

Allan.

• 4. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                LRH

Allan

I have been doing some research and is it possible that the ME program is blocking the update? I understand that it has a security feature that will not allow a update unless the administrator allows it. My problem is that I bought the MB used and don't know if a password has been set to enter this program.

Thoughts

• 5. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                  allan_intel

Not really, the management engine firmware is updated through BIOS update. Default password for Intel ME is: admin

Allan.

• 6. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                    LRH

Allan

Still no luck. I cleared any passwords and BIOS states no passwords etc.

I downloaded the .BIO file , burnt it to a dvd both like a CD and like a USB. Tried to update pulling the jumper etc for both DVD's. Still at BIOS .0059

LRH

• 7. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                      LRH

Sylvia

1st, thanks for the reply.

I did change the BIOS jumper to position 2-3 to see and eliminate any

passwords present, then I  took it out completely to do the .bio BIOS

update by a dvd as instructed by Allan.

As for the cmos battery I took it out for about 10 mins and re installed it

again.

So now if I am understanding you correctly, I will remove the CMOS battery

for about 1 hour 1st. Then you want me to use the maintenance setting

(setting 2-3) for the jumper and do the .bio BIOS update with a bootable

USB Flash drive with version BIOS  .0069 .bio file which is a recovery BIOS

file or do you want me to take the jumper completely as per the

instructions on the Intel site.

LRH

• 8. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                        LRH

Sylvia

I just looked up BIOS update .0067 and I think these are the instructions you want me to try.

"iFlash Update with Bootable USB Device You can use this method if the iFlash files are too large to fit on a floppy disk or if the desktop board does not include floppy drive support. You will need a bootable USB device, such as a USB thumb drive or USB external hard drive. (Information on how to create a bootable USB device is listed at the end of this document.) 1. Save the iFlash BIOS update file to a temporary directory. 2. Double-click the *.EXE to extract necessary files. 3. Copy the .BIO file and IFLASH.EXE to the bootable USB device. 4. Configure the BIOS of the target system to boot to the USB device: a. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup. b. Go to the Boot menu. c. Enable USB Boot. d. Save by pressing F10 and exit the BIOS Setup. 5. Boot the target PC with the USB device connected. 6. At the prompt, type IFLASH /PF XXX.BIO (where XXX.BIO is the filename of the .BIO file) to launch the iFlash BIOS update process."

Correct?

I do nothing about the jumper during the attempt and maybe try the 2-3 position if the 1st attempt fails.

Sorry for all the questions, I wish I had more knowledge on these things like a IT professional.

LRH

• 9. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                          allan_intel

To perform BIOS update on your motherboard model, download .bio file onto an USB flash drive, remove BIOS jumper and power on the computer. The motherboard should read the flash drive and update the BIOS.

Allan.

• 10. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                            LRH

Allan & Sylvia

I have done everything you both have instructed me to do. Still will not take the BIOS update, either by windows method, .bio with the jumper out,  IFlash via USB, and ISO via USB method(It just booted to a black screen with a curser flashing on the upper left for 15 min's.

I have done them all. CMOS battery out for about 2 hours. Change and made sure that a USB is in the boot order (1st).

Unless you have some other ideas, I guess I am stuck with BIOS .0059.

LRH

• 11. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                              allan_intel

Since you have tested all possible methods to update the motherboard BIOS, it seems there is something wrong with the BIOS chipset of your board.

Allan.

• 12. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                                LRH

Allan

Is there a way to reflash it or I am just have to let this issue go?

• 13. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                                  allan_intel

The way to re flash the BIOS would be performing same methods you were trying earlier. In this case, the board will not recover or update your BIOS. Possible BIOS chipset issue.

Allan.

• 14. Re: Bios Update Intel DQ45CB Motherboard
                                    LRH

Allan

Just thought of 1 item. During my attempts I think I had a anti-virus running in the background (Bitdefender). Would that make the difference.

LRH

1 2 Previous Next