1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 8:09 AM by sylvia_intel

Is it possible to Migrate RAID0 to RAID1 without loosing the data in rapid storage or matrix storage manager???

DiyarUnited

Is it possible to Migrate RAID0 to RAID1 without loosing the data in rapid storage or matrix storage manager???

• 1. Re: Is it possible to Migrate RAID0 to RAID1 without loosing the data in rapid storage or matrix storage manager???
          sylvia_intel

Hello DiyarUnited,

Raid migration from Raid 0 to a Raid 1 can be possible only on a Server system with a Raid controller in it.

For a regular desktop system I would recommend you to create an Image of the RAID 0 into another disk.

Then, access the ctrl +I menu and delete the existing Raid 0 and create the new RAID 1 array.

Restore the image you backup on the new array

Remember that if a RAID 0 (striping) is currently giving you 2 x 500GB (1000GB) for example; a RAID 1 (mirroring) would only give you 500GB. So make sure the hard drives you are going to use to the RAID 1 have enough space when adding the data.

I suggest you to always back up all the information before making any change.

Regards,