5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 1:21 PM by Jacen

How to complete shutdown AP Mode

Jacen

Hi everyone,

when i press power button ,if i hold button over 4s ,the system would auto turn to wifi as ap mode,

but i don't want that ,how can i complete close the function, which means when i hold button there would no change for my wifi setting.

BTW i don't know if that possible, i  also want to close the function that when you hold button over 7s shutdown the system .

i try to kill the process named  /usr/bin/pwr_button_handler, but it looks doesn't work.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to complete shutdown AP Mode
          CMata_Intel

Hi Jacen

About the functionality of the PWR button, take a look at this document, you will see the functions of it.

But, I'm not exactly sure about what do you want for the PWR button to do when it's pressed. If the functionality that you need it's not in that document please let us know in a more detailed way.

Regards;

CMata

• 2. Re: How to complete shutdown AP Mode
            Jacen

Hi Cmata ,

Thanks for reply.

as the document said:

Power button (SW1UI2): The power button is used to change the power mode of the Intel® Edison. It is configured by software. Pressing and holding the power button will cause the Intel® Edison to power down leaving the IO configuration in its current state. Pressing the button momentarily when the Intel® Edison is powered down will cause the Intel® Edison to reboot. If the Intel® Edison is running, then a momentary press will cause the Intel® Edison to go into the low power sleep mode. Pressing the button momentarily when the Intel® Edison is asleep, will bring the Intel® Edison into full power mode. Pressing and holding the power button for more than 2 seconds but less than 7 seconds will turn the Intel® Edison AP mode on

I just don't want the function when a hold the button it could turn Ap mode.

So i wonder to know is there a way to remove this functionality

Thanks

• 3. Re: How to complete shutdown AP Mode
              Andre.M

you need to change the code behind

device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-support/pwr-button-handler

• 4. Re: How to complete shutdown AP Mode
                CMata_Intel

Hi Jacen

Do you have updates in this? Did you try the suggestions from Andre.M?

Regards;

CMata

• 5. Re: How to complete shutdown AP Mode
                  Jacen

Actually , i found a very simple way. you could just kill the process  /usr/bin/pwr_button_handler, it would not impact the 7 seconds shutdown functional, and also no impact for 3 seconds to start up.