4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 1:08 AM by rpj

Raidcfg32.exe for ICH7R/DH on Win7

rpj

Hi,

I currently use a version of raidcfg32.exe on Windows XP from a visual basic script to monitor disk serial number information.

We are in the process of migrating to Windows 7 and I am looking for a version of raidcfg32.exe (or another command line tool) which will allow me to obtain drive serial numbers.

Our raid controller is an ICH7R/DH SATA using driver version 11.1.0.1006 (on Win7).

Any help greatly appreciated,

Richard

• 1. Re: Raidcfg32.exe for ICH7R/DH on Win7
          sylvia_intel

Hello Richard, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities. Before I give a recommendation, I have a question:

What I understand from your post is that you want to upgrade your system to Windows 7, would you please let me know if you have a RAID 0, 1 or 5 on your system?

Also, are you using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology or the Matrix  Storage Manager?

May I have the brand and model number of your system?

Remember that it is very important to back up all you data before making any change on your system.

• 2. Re: Raidcfg32.exe for ICH7R/DH on Win7
            rpj

Hi Sylvia,

You understanding of our situation is correct - we are upgrading our systems to Win7. We run the RAIDCFG32.exe using a scheduled task via a script. We use it to check for changes in disk serial number and/or disk status (security and reliability), and report them back to a centralised monitoring location.

We are using RAID 1 with RST. The model of the PC is a HP XW4400.

Things have moved on and we think we've resolved our primary issue - the user running RAIDCFG32.exe on Win7 appears to need higher privileges than on XP i.e. running as Admin on Win7 works, whereas a normal user does not. On XP we were able to run RAIDCFG32.exe as a normal user...

The version of RAIDCFG32.dxe we are using is 7.8.0.1012. Is this the correct version for us to be using? Is there a newer version or an alternative tool we should use.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

• 3. Re: Raidcfg32.exe for ICH7R/DH on Win7
              sylvia_intel

Richard, the latest RST version that your chipset supports will be version 11.7 Intel® Download Center.

There is a Command Line Interface tool named Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Command Line Interface (RST CLI), but version 11.7 does not have one available.

The closest version will be 12.0 Intel® Download Center, but this version was designed to provide functionality for the following Storage Controllers:

•    Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

•    Intel(R) 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

•    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

•    Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

•    Intel(R) X79 Express Chipset

• 4. Re: Raidcfg32.exe for ICH7R/DH on Win7
                rpj

Thanks Sylvia,

I'll have a look at RST 11.7 and RST CLI 12.0.

Richard