Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel 4400 Graphics Dual Monitor Screen Flicker

BWeld
Beginner

For the past two months since I got my laptop, I have been experiencing random screen flickering accompanied by the message "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 8.1(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I haven't managed to find a pattern to its crashes. I can be playing a game, watching a video, or writing an email and the screens (laptop with external monitor) will randomly flicker and sometimes display the message after an additional prolonged blackout. None of the BIOS or driver updates seem to be applicable to this issue. System information is as follows. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Computer: Acer V3-572G-54S6

Intel Graphics: Intel 4400 Driver Version 10.18.10.3496

CPU: Intel i5-4210U 1.70 GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 840M Driver Version 332.35 2 GB VRAM

HDD: 1 TB 5400 RPM

RAM: 8 GB

Secondary Monitor: Dell E228WFP

BIOS: V1.11 (8/20/2014)

I haven't overclocked anything or changed any graphics properties other than setting the GeForce as the global default (the Intel is still in charge of the secondary monitor for some reason). My computer is still under warranty, so I'd like to make sure this isn't a motherboard/CPU/Intel GPU issue soon.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello BathingApe,

I would like to know if the flickering issue happens while you are using only the laptop, without the external monitor?

Have you tried another monitor? Does the behavior persist?

Have you updated the Laptop BIOS?

You can also try our latest graphics driver provide at the following link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24596&lang=eng&ProdId=3719 Intel® Download Center, however bear in mind that we provided generic drivers; and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

Regards,

0 Kudos
BWeld
Beginner

I don't have another monitor to test my computer with. Since I can't figure out how to cause the problem, I haven't been able to test my laptop alone either. All updated versions of BIOS for my computer have nothing to do with graphical systems. I'll spend some time with only my laptop and see if anything happens.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please let me know the results.

0 Kudos