Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless N 7260, Windows 7 pro, 64 bit. WiFi works but Bluetooth stopped working & devices disappeared. Please help.

TMati
Beginner

Recently I noticed that my Bluetooth devices disappeared from the Bluetooth Devices page in the Control Panel. I uninstalled the software and drivers, reinstalled them, even tried older versions and still get the same result. The Bluetooth is turned on in BIOS, all services are started and running and it appears in the Device Manager as Intel Wireless Bluetooth. I try to "Add a Device" and it just won't pair with anything. WiFi works fine though so I am very confused. Any thoughts? I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS on a Dell 9020 AIO (mid 2013). Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may try running sfc /scannow in CMD or Windows* System Restore.

0 Kudos
TMati
Beginner

I ran sfc/scannow. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I cannot perform a System Restore because the Restore Points do not go back that far in time to when the Bluetooth was working properly.

Any other suggestions, please?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
TMati
Beginner

I tried this HotFix before and unfortunately it wouldn't work. I get a message, "The update is not applicable to your computer" although it is applicable.

I also attempted the same HotFix for all three different platforms just to try them but they wouldn't work either and I receive the same message.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello TeeJayEm,

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your Bluetooth and Wireless network drivers?

You might want to download the current versions from Dell, then do a clean install of the drivers in your PC.

0 Kudos