3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 2:27 PM by TedKTurner

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Game Display Problem

TedKTurner

Hello, I am running an IBuyPower Revolt with Intel Core i5 processor and Intel HD Graphics 4600 for school, work, and recreational use (mostly gaming.) I have already checked and I have the latest drivers for the graphics chip, but I've been encountering a strange problem.

While watching videos online, visiting sites, and playing 99% of my games everything is perfect, but just recently playing Team Fortress 2 through Steam has become difficult. Occasionally - and by that I mean typically 1 or 2 times per session - my game's video will freeze at a certain point. The game is still active, all sounds such as shots or movement can be heard, but the screen freezes. I have tried minimizing the game, alt+tabbing, using task manager, but nothing seems to work. The graphics freeze and I am forced to navigate the menus, blind, and exit the game manually. Restarting the game I may experience the same freeze again or it may not occur until my next session. I'm fairly certain it's not a problem with steam or TF2, because none of the community or friends of mine have witnessed the same thing. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for the assistance.

- Ryan (Ted) Turner