2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 7:07 AM by Freek_B

intel HD4600 drivers crash with second monitor

Freek_B

Hello,

I have a problem with my asus N550JV. Every time i plug my monitor into my laptop the HD Graphics driver keeps resetting. I have used the same setup for a few months now and i didnt have this problem untill today. i already updated the drivers but this didnt fix the problem. Any help would be welcome!

• 1. Re: intel HD4600 drivers crash with second monitor
          sylvia_intel

Hello Freek_B, thanks for joining the Intel Graphics community.

I would like to inform you that we always recommend customer to install the drivers provided by the system manufacture since they customized the drivers.

The installation of Intel Generic drivers may cause losing any customizations made by Asus.

In order to better assist you with this behavior could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

And the system Information report: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

• Are you getting this behavior when using a single monitor?
          • Would you please include the model number of both monitors?

Regards,

• 2. Re: intel HD4600 drivers crash with second monitor
            Freek_B

i added the dxdiag, the first monitor is just the laptops monitor, the one i plug in is a samsung syncmasterSA300 product number S22A300N. the driver i have installed is the latest driver i found for my laptop on the asus website.

when i just use my laptop monitor everthing is fine, but when i plug my second monitor in my screen just turns black and then it turns back to the way it was with a massage that my intel driver crashed.