Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Acer Switch 10, scale to full screen in dual display with HDMI

CVall2
Beginner

Hello:

I have recently buyed an Aspire Switch 10, which uses an Intel Atom processor and Intel HD graphics. I have connected the system to a TV through HDMI and I want to duplicate the image both on the PC and on the TV. However, the problem that I have is that the TV shows huge black borders. This is because I cannot set the TV to scale the image to full screen. I have updated the drivers of the graphics adaptor and I still have the same problem. In the Intel Control Panel, the only option for the TV is to center the image.

It's very annoying, since I have another cheaper devices which can scale the image through HDMI without problems.

Can you give me any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Nintendero,

In this particular case you may need to check with your computer manufacturer and see if this setting can be actually adjusted.

Keep in mind that the TV and the monitor may support different resolutions, so the TV will try to set the best possible resolution.

Would you please let me know which Graphics driver are you using? Have you tried using only the TV as your video device? Can you set a better resolution on it?

May I have the model of the TV you are using ?

Bear in mind that we provided generic drivers; and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

So we really recommend you to install the latest drivers provided by your system manufacturer, in this case Acer.

Regards,

CVall2
Beginner

Hello:ser

Finally, I get a solution thanks to the advices of a user of the Acer Community. I put here what I have done:

First, I plugged the HDMI wire and selected dual display, then I changed the resolution of my system to 1280*720, and now a new option appears in the aspect ratio field for the TV, the new option is "Maintain Aspect ratio", if I choose it, I can see the image in full screen on my TV.

I am going to put some screenshots:

- First, I change the resolution of the screens in dual display mode:

- Now a new option appears on the intel hd graphics management application:

It's a bit weird to have to do all of this to get dual display with full screen in the TV. It would be better if the image was auto-scaled to full screen. I suppose that this is caused because my TV is 16:9 and the Acer Switch 10 is 16:10; but this is weird anyway. It should be easier.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Excellent Nintendero. Thanks for taking the time to reply back to us with the information on how you did it.

0 Kudos