cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3500 480GB + PM45 (ICH9M): ssd not detected

MV6
New Contributor

Hi.

I've just bought (and already returned) my new s3500 (480GB).

I've tried all possible BIOS settings (ahci / non-ahci / ...) but the s3500 could not be detected by bios neither in sata1 (internal bay) nor sata3 (eSata). The ssd however worked in my external usb hdd box. The capacity surely isn't a problem as a 500GB hdd was detected without problems.

I have the Clevo m570tu notebook with Intel PM45 + ICH9M, and P8600 CPU.

On some forum (no link, no citations) somebody said that ICH9 can have issues in SATA1 mode. Not sure which, but at least my s3500 didn't work at all, even though the datasheet says it should be compatible down to SATA1.

I could probably try to update ssd firmware, but I've got that idea just after sending it back :[

Any ideas on this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello MichalV,

At this point it is hard to tell you what the issue could have been since you have returned the drive.

Trying the drive in another computer to see if the same thing happens would be another option besides checking for any possible updates for the firmware found in the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23931 Intel® Download Center

Please check your computer manual (BIOS) for any specific setting regarding SATA ports.

MV6
New Contributor

Hi.

Well, as I've said, I've tried all sata settings I could figure out. There are usually not too much options in laptop BIOSes. The HDDs I have (up to 500GB) had no problems in any mode.

What can I try is to insert another Intel SSD into my laptop - here in company I have the SSDSC2CT120A3 on my PC which is the Intel 330 Series, I can most probably get some newer and bigger model to test too from our IT dpt.

Or if somebody want to send me another s3500 for a quick test, I can plug it in, then return :]

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello MichalV,

For this particular request you need to contact Intel in your area via our support page.

MV6
New Contributor

Thanks for the idea, I'll try that maybe.