Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Problem with a Lenovo G580

CReye3
Beginner

Hi, I have a Lenovo G580 with a I5-3210M processor, came with Windows 8.1 Pro installed, about 4 moths ago just click to sleep the notebook, and never wakeup continues blinking the three led at front, can't access the BIOS Setup, so take off main and CMOS battteries for about 24 hours and reset the Bios, but then Windows don't start, so took out the HDD, and in a desktop clean and reformat so put again the HDD to reinstall the OS, but it frizzes begining the installation process, run a lot of programs from Lenovo, for Audio, Video, Ram, motherboard, etc. and all said was no problem with the components, them got many solutions from Lenovo Forums, (change the RAM, change HDD, reflash BIOS), no one worked. So bought a new motherboard, and it wasn't the mainboard, it had the same problem, only works in MSDOS, so a friend told me is for sure the CPU Graphics, that block the System installation. Could that be the problem? I don't wish to expend more money purchasing another CPU. Thanks in advance for any anwers.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Processor community.

This problem does not appear to be an issue with the graphics of your computer because, you are accessing the BIOS and you can actually see the beginning of windows setup. It seems to be an issue with the computer itself; it may be RAM, processor, motherboard or any other component on your computer.

I recommend contacting Lenovo for warranty service.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/preproductselect http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/preproductselect

Allan.

CReye3
Beginner

Allam, the problem is really the processor. Why? Changed the motherboard for a new one, the RAM, and the issue persist, remember it show up after put the machine to sleep and never wake up. Last week I got a processor borrow from a friend and inmediatly works without problem. So can it be that the graphics got marked sleeping? How can I reset the processor to its initial state? Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for your response.

Carlos

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The processor cannot be reset to its initial state, you need to contact your computer manufacturer if you are under warranty and request replacement.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en Official Lenovo Support Home - Lenovo Support (US)

Allan.

0 Kudos
CReye3
Beginner

Allan, as the problem is with the processor, Lenovo won't give me a warranty new one. So as per your criterion I have to expend more money in a new or used one. Cause this one is useless?

No solution at all for it. Really it amaze me that something like this don't have a technical solution.

Thanks anyway.

Carlos

0 Kudos
NDelu
Beginner

Hi Carlos,It may be a wise idea to take your computer to an authorised technician to see if they can fix the problem. Was the laptop on power saving mode when it was put to sleep?

0 Kudos
CReye3
Beginner

Hi Allan, All ready took the Laptop to an authorized technician, they discover the problem with the Processor. And to the other question you ask me No it wasn't, normally using it, reading a Word document, closed it and put to sleep the Laptop as soon as the document normally closed. The technician said that probably there is some type of mark in the processor that always tell him that the Laptop is in sleeping mode. They need the datasheet (so I downloaded two of them) to do some research trying to reset that mark.

Thanks for your answers but no solution till now.

Carlos

0 Kudos