Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Blackboarders around games

JT_
Beginner

Hello,

The last few updates made playing games very difficult. I can no longer play fullscreen on smaller resolutions. Instead it puts black boarders around the screen, which hurts my head and makes playing a matter of getting sick. I have tried everything. Updating to latest drivers, uninstalling, reboot and reinstalling, checking settings on the Intel Graphics Panel, in game option switch in and out and "tricks" to get my games to go fullscreen but nothing works. All of my games have this problem, it isn't just a few of them. I mainly care about it effecting my Battlefield games, America's Army: Proving Grounds, Alien: Isolation and SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) but it would be nice to play all my games like I could a few updates ago.

If anyone could help me, that'd be much appreciated!

Thank you!

P.S

Intel HD Graphics have come a long way. Intel's later iGPUs will make gaming on iGPU entirely possible!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Marking this as resolved and closing issue. Confirmed in this thread/post.

/message/314555# 314555 https://communities.intel.com/message/314555# 314555

"The problem is solved for me with version 15.32.21.4222. my config : laptop asus + intel HD 4600 + nvidia 750M (optimus), windows 8.1 up to date."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jelmazmo

We are aware of this issue and are currently working towards a resolution for it. Please watch the Communities for updates.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello Robert_U

Oh, alright then! That's good news to hear.

Do you mean watch the Graphics Community or all of them?

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello Robert_U

Oh, alright then! That's good to hear.

Do you mean watch the Graphics Community or all of them?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jelmazmo,

We have many different post and we are working on all of them with highest priority. We recommend you to keep an eye on your thread and other threads with similar issues

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jelmazmo

What model of display are you using when you see this issue and how do you connect to it?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello,

Model of display? You mean what cord I am using? DVI. I tried VGA and HDMI, and they have the same issue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Not what cord you are using, what is the make and model of the display the cord attaches to.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry for misunderstanding. I am currently using an Acer X233h. I tried a Samsung S24C230L monitor, same problem.

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello,

Updated to latest drivers. Still there.

0 Kudos
ww2
Novice

What resolutions do you mean? I wonder if the problem is that the Intel settings utility doesn't allow you to tweak resolutions lower than the 1024x768 that Windows allows, and so there's no access to choose the scaling method.

BTW, the scaling options I see on the HD 4000 are Center, Scale Full Screen, and Maintain Ratio. I assume they mean: 1:1 pixel mapping, full screen stretched, full screen without stretching. Would it be possible to add a 4th option: "Max integer scaling", that would do the largest integer scaling possible? For example, 320x200 in 1366x768 would scale to 960x600, centered.

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello @wwwhy,

Any resolution if it isn't the highest I can go. So anything below 1920x1080 in fullscreen mode will be scaled with a black border. Like this:

(Not my image, but same effect/problem)

0 Kudos
ww2
Novice

What scaling option do you have selected for this resolution, under "Display" in the Intel settings utility?

0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner
0 Kudos
JT_
Beginner

Hello,

I tried purging and then reinstalling the latest drivers, nothing.

Is there any update on this issue?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Jelmazmo, Our debug team is still working on the issue. I will post an update to this thread one they have completed their investigation.

Thanks

Robert

JT_
Beginner

It has been about four months since the issue started, has there been any updates?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jelmazmo,

We are still working on this. We are sorry for the delay on this process.

Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi,

I see in the bug record [5643304] this was resolved in 15.36.4222. Could you retest this with the latest drivers and let me know if you find it resolving the issue?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Marking this as resolved and closing issue. Confirmed in this thread/post.

/message/314555# 314555 https://communities.intel.com/message/314555# 314555

"The problem is solved for me with version 15.32.21.4222. my config : laptop asus + intel HD 4600 + nvidia 750M (optimus), windows 8.1 up to date."

0 Kudos