Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Celeron Wireless N2230 Driver Update

AAdam8
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

My system updated to windows 8.1 and i havent been able to browse through wifi or cable. I read that i need an update for the Intel celeron wireless N2230 driver. How can i get a genuine update for the driver of is there any other solution to this problem? I need a solution ASAP!!! Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AAdam8
Beginner

by the way, the system is a HP ENVY 17...

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ahmadi, this is the latest driver for your wireless adapter and Windows* 8.1 64-bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24576 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24576

Nevertheless, let's bear in mind that the cause of the issue could be something else if you are not able to get connection with the Ethernet cable.

AAdam8
Beginner

Thanks a lot! The update has allowed my system to be able to connect to any network BUT it isn't still able to access the internet in any of the web browsers. Not sure what to do at this point...

0 Kudos
JJOSE14
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Try restarting your modem, your router and your computer, in such order.

Check if your firewall or security software is blocking the connection. You may need to disable it temporarily just for this troubleshooting.

Verify if you are obtaining a valid IP address by typing "ipconfig" in the command prompt. You may need to setup an IP address and DNS.

You can also try to ping your default gateway just to make sure you can communicate with your router or ping a website to see if the issue is with the browsers.

It is also possible you are not receiving internet from your service provider.

JJOSE14
Beginner

I am using hp envy 15-j005se with windows 8.1 64bt laptop ,I tried all way but no improvement on my wifi issue

I am using small usb adaptor for internet

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Do you get internet connection when you connect to a hotspot or a friend's network?

0 Kudos