Thanks for joining the Graphics community.
If you are looking for an updated driver, please go here:
Make sure to select your operating system to download an appropriate driver.
Additionally, please check the link below for more information:
The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.
Thanks. I've watched that video, which seems to refer directly to the problem.
The thing is he doesn't say where to get the driver from that doesn't have the "Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1" bit in the title. I tried downloading a new driver from the Intel Download Centre, but it had that bit in the title.
Please test installing the driver manually. Follow these steps:
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Mobile 4 Series chipset"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Win7Vista_64_151719.zip
13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
15. Click "OK"
16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
Be aware that installing generic Intel drivers may not provide with all features that you computer graphics support.
Hooray!!! It's working. Thanks ever so much. One very minor point of info, the file name was kit49684.inf, but it was the only .inf file there and it's worked.
Much appreciated, this was driving me mad. My 8 yr old son will be elated.
I am glad to hear this is working again. Thanks for sharing your results.
I have the same problem as Michaeld121
But I have Windows 10
and Intel(R) HD Graphics.
Please provide the processor model on your computer.
Click on the Windows icon, and search for "System"
Look for System Control Panel then note the processor model.
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B820 @ 1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
Thanks for the information.
The processor model Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B820 integrates Intel® HD Graphics second generation. Please bear in mind that your graphics controller does not have driver support for Windows® 10.
See the list of supported operating system here: Supported Operating Systems for Graphics Drivers
should I install Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100 for 5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors?