Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Windows 8.1, 16gb RAM, 250 GB SSD, 700 W psu, Changed I5 to I7 now no video output.

RHous1
Beginner

/search.jspa?q=Hello,,my,newly,purchased,I,4790,processor,is,not,giving,me,any,video,output.,,It,works,fine,with,my,dual,monitors,with,the,prior,I,CPU.,,The,board,is,MI,87-43,and,is,compatible,with,the,7.,,I've,also,just,recently,updated,the,bios,to,a,1.9,value.,Does,it,require,a,different,configuration,or,drivers,perhaps?,I,can,easily,swap,the,5-works,OK,,and,then,7-nada,no,video.,Any,ideas,or,solutions?,Thanks,Rob Hello,,my,newly,purchased,I,4790,processor,is,not,giving,me,any,video,output.,,It,works,fine,with,my,dual,monitors,with,the,prior,I,CPU.,,The,board,is,MI,87-43,and,is,compatible,with,the,7.,,I've,also,just,recently,updated,the,bios,to,a,1.9,value.,Does,it,require,a,different,configuration,or,drivers,perhaps?,I,can,easily,swap,the,5-works,OK,,and,then,7-nada,no,video.,Any,ideas,or,solutions?,Thanks,Rob(a search query put in all those commas)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please note that the Intel® Core i7-4790 is a Haswell processor. This means that jumping from Haswell to This platform is required to do a BIOS update.

I am not sure what processor you had before but I recommend you updating the motherboard BIOS and confirm with the Computer Manufacture if the processor is supported by the board.

Perhaps you can let me know the motherboard model?

Kevin M

RHous1
Beginner

Oh yes, indeed I've done those things already. Sorry I didn't include that. I've even updated to the latest Intel video drivers. My only hope I suppose is getting hdmi 1.4 cables because that's the only thing left to try. I'll be buying a z97 board later but sure wanted to use it on this one I have now. I just bought the z87 then 2 weeks later the z97's were out. Oh well. I appreciate the advise though. Rob

0 Kudos