Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

gl_arb_shading_language_include Open GL extension support for Intel HD4000 series in Windows

PMikh2
Novice

Hello,

I am wondering why the windows version of the HD4600 driver does not include support for gl_arb_shading_language_include extension?

I have found that the extension is supported under OSX for the same chipset.

I am using i7-4770 processor windows 7 pro.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Can you provide the DxDiag report? (Press Windows* key + R key, type "dxdiag", press OK and then click "Save All Information").

Did you try different driver versions?

0 Kudos
PMikh2
Novice

Thanks for the reply. Pasted the DxDiag report below.

I tried old version from intel before upgrading to the latest one. No difference.

I am using OpenGL Extension Viewer (Under Database tab) and it shows that intel never supported gl_arb_shading_language_include extension for windows (but they do for OSX). It appears only nvidia cards supports this extension (based on the database of compatibility).

Extension info: https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/shading_language_include.txt https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/shading_language_include.txt

------------------

System Information

------------------

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have verified this extension is not supported; however, I will submit this as a feature request for the proper department to consider in future releases. Is there a particular reason why you to need this extension?

These are the ones we are supporting at this moment:

15.33 IVB (OGL 4.0)15.33 HSW (OGL 4.2)15.36 HSW (OGL 4.3)GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1GL_ARB_arrays_of_arraysGL_ARB_arrays_of_arraysGL_AMD_vertex_shader_layerGL_ARB_base_instanceGL_ARB_base_instanceGL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_indexGL_ARB_blend_func_extendedGL_ARB_blend_func_extendedGL_ARB_arrays_of_arraysGL_ARB_buffer_storageGL_ARB_buffer_storageGL_ARB_base_instanceGL_ARB_color_buffer_floatGL_ARB_color_buffer_floatGL_ARB_blend_func_extendedGL_ARB_compatibilityGL_ARB_compatibilityGL_ARB_buffer_storageGL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storageGL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storageGL_ARB_clear_buffer_objectGL_ARB_conservative_depthGL_ARB_compute_shaderGL_ARB_color_buffer_floatGL_ARB_copy_bufferGL_ARB_conservative_depthGL_ARB_compatibility<td height="20" style="font-size: 11.0pt; color: black; font-weight: 400; font-family: Calibri; border-to...
0 Kudos
PMikh2
Novice

Thanks! I would really appreciate it if Intel can support it.

I am Software QA Engineer at biomedical company and we are making the case to move to Intel based graphics instead of nVidia, which currently the only GPU that supports this extension on Windows.

PMikh2
Novice

Hello joe_intel,

any update regarding the feature request? Do you have a feature request number I follow up with?

Thanks again,

Peter

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am checking about this. I will update the thread once I receive more information.

0 Kudos
PMikh2
Novice

Hello joe_intel,

I am just following up for the extension request. any updates?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PeterMikhail,

Intel is still studying your request. Possibly it will be incorporated on future HD graphics versions.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PMikh2
Novice

Hello Mike,

Any update regarding the support of the extension mentioned?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello PeterMikhail,

My name is Angie and I will be working with your concern.

I would like to know if you are still facing your issue? And if the answer it is positive, could you please provide me screenshots of where you are seeing this issue?

I am looking forward to heard from you.

Regards,

Angie

0 Kudos
PMikh2
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to see if Intel has provided support for OpenGL extension gl_arb_shading_language_include which is used by our company software. Currently, Nvidia is the only GPU we can use which supports this extension. Intel supports this extension for Intel chips but only under Mac and not Windows. So I wanted to know if Intel has added the support for this extension or not yet?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello PeterMikhail,

In regard to your concern for the specific extension gl_arb_shading_language_include. After an extensive research, we were not able to confirm the support for it.

Although at the following link, you will be able to confirm further details about it:

https://www.opengl.org/registry/ https://www.opengl.org/registry/

I kindly recommend you that confirm this matter directly at the following link with:

https://www.opengl.org/about/contact/ OpenGL Support Contacts

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos