Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel integrated graphics has stopped working

PNinn
Beginner

For some reason, the graphics output from the Integrated Graphics has just stopped working on my desktop machine.

This was working correctly without incident for over a year now, but has suddenly stopped working.

I have 2 monitors connected, one to the HDMI and the other to the DVI.

Now there seems to be no display (over either HDMI or DVI) when the intel driver is loaded just prior the windows logon (the boot and windows starting display correctly).

Rebooting into Safe Mode displays correctly, as does reverting the driver to the normal Windows VGA one and rebooting,

but reinstalling to the latest Intel HD driver from the Asus site (9.17.10.2884) exhibits the same issue.

Reinstalling an older version of this driver didn't seem to work either (8.15.10.2669), but updating this older one again to 9.17.10.2884 did work again for a little while, until another reboot,

and then it stopped working again.

The annoying thing is that nothing on my system has been changed to cause this to stop working - same monitors/cables/OS etc.

Details:

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX

Processor: Core i7-3770K 3.4GHz (Gen 3)

Any help appreciated.

- Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The drivers you mentioned are very old. Please try updating to latest driver by downloading it at this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329&lang=eng&ProdId=3712 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329&lang=eng&ProdId=3712

As part of the troubleshooting steps, testing another Cable may do the trick.

Kevin m

PNinn
Beginner

The drivers I originally installed are the latest Asus provided ones.

I've just uninstalled it, and installed the generic Intel one you provided in the link (15.33.30.64.3958), but the problem still occurs....

the screen turns off after the windows starting message, prior to the windows logon screen being displayed.

I'll get hold of a new HDMI cable and retest it tonight, but I doubt that will make a difference since neither the monitor on the HDMI nor the monitor on the DVI are currently working when using the Intel driver anymore (and were without a problem previously), and they both work correctly using the built in Windows VGA driver.

0 Kudos
PNinn
Beginner

I've tried it again with a different HDMI cable, but there is still no display using the Intel driver, but the default VGA driver works fine.

(Removed the 2nd monitor and the DVI cable too, to ensure that wasn't impacting it in any way).

This seems very strange since the Intel Driver seem faulty, but it was working correctly previously for more than a year.

0 Kudos