4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 10:16 PM by sandeep6013

Hello am interested in DIY projects

sandeep6013

Also how to build a small IoT using intel galileo gen2 boards? how to quick start?
      As i want to submit an application based on IoT for my acedamics, i am interested in doing a DIY project, my idea is to stream or capture and store it and send it to other devices like a device to device communication.......i.e., a even a live capture is possible it will be very nice...
      please help me out.....

• 1. Re: Hello am interested in DIY projects
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi sandeep6013,

I’d suggest you to download the SD card image in order to use a wireless connection and node.js, this would help you to set up a webserver that is helpful for an IoT project. The SD card image can be found in this site: https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22226. Check this document on how to set up a wireless card in the Galileo board http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergey-s-blog/intelgalileo-addingwifi. In this site there is an example on how to set up a webserver in node.js http://nodejs.org/. I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Hello am interested in DIY projects
            sandeep6013

Hello JPMontero_intel,

Thanks for your reply. Now am searching for following:

1) whether video processing can be done more efficiently with intel gallileo gen2 board i.e., after capturing raw data how to convert it to specific format (i.e., to .3gp for mobile)

2) whether we can show this SOC as superior in format conversion than softwares( like xilisoft, format factory)

• 3. Re: Hello am interested in DIY projects
              JPMontero_Intel

Hi sandeep6013,

Both boards are capable of video processing but neither of them have a video output so you would have to use SPI, USB or TFT screens, on the performance that depends on the board resources. The conversion it depends on what programs or libraries you are using for example v4l. Regarding your second question, I’m not following it. Could you explain in more detail?

Regards,
              JPMontero_Intel

• 4. Re: Hello am interested in DIY projects
                sandeep6013

Hello JPMontero_intel,

Thanks a lot for your support.
                My question is:

>>Normally we have softwares for converting any video or audio from one format to another format. Instead of this softwares whether we  can use of a dedicated hardware for this purpose (such as an SOC like intel gallileo gen2).

>> My whole idea is using a motion detection RGB camera which is connected to a intel gallileo board, then if any motion occurs it has to capture and then send it to the owner of that house, if he is having a laptop then it has to send it in MPEG or else if mobile phone is available it should be sent in 3gp format.

>>whether this can be done using intel galileo gen2 board

>>sending part is not mine, but am as of now searching for algorithms which can convert captured raw image or video in to respective formats as fast as possible than a format converter software

>>whether its a proper idea?

>>suggest me something, or a idea that can be done with galileo to submit as my M.E final year project.