Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics - how to disable / reduce Overdrive [F.lux]

A-
Beginner

HP G72 253NR (Intel Pentium P6000; Intel HD Graphics)

MS WIN7 HP x64 (Intel HD Graphics 8.15.10.2622)

https://justgetflux.com/faq.html f.lux: F.A.Q. - When I scroll text with f.lux on, I see a brief red afterimage. Why?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/advancedcontent.htm# overdrive TFT Central - Response Time Compensation Technology (RTC) - Overdrive

How do I disable and/or reduce the Overdrive feature?

I am using F.lux software that makes the color of my computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day. The problem is that when I scroll text with F.lux on, I see a brief red afterimage that makes everything a blur. F.lux says this is due to Response Time Compensation (RTC), also known as Overdrive.

I have read as many of the F.lux and Intel related FAQs that I can and have not found where / how to do this. The Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel does not appear to have this option.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you check your display panel's on-screen menu for this "overdrive" feature?

0 Kudos
A-
Beginner

My laptop screen (like most I think) does not have OSD (on screen display).

The primary controls appear to be:

There is an "underdrive" related to Custom Resolutions, but its purpose is described as fitting an image to the screen, not controlling the RTC.

0 Kudos
A-
Beginner

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have submitted the suggestion to the support engineering department so they will consider if possible implementing this feature in future driver releases. Due to the nature of this issue, we do not expect an immediate resolution. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage the community to keep sharing any findings and comments that may lead to a workaround.

A-
Beginner

Thank you, Joe.

Willing to beta test.

0 Kudos
OEtri
Beginner

Hello everyone, I have the same problem, and I just wanted to know how it was going about "the suggestion to the support engineering department".

Thanks forward !

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Olivi55:

May I have you system's information? This is in order to further advise you about your question.

How to provide the system information?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
OEtri
Beginner

Thanks for this fast answer, here's what you asked for !

I hope you will find what you want.

0 Kudos