Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Having problems installing graphics drivers get "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" message

JPitt3
Beginner

I have 2 HP Elitebook 8460P Laptops I purchased as an off-lease last week. Both are loaded with Windows Pro 64 bit and both have Intel core I5-2520M processors with 4 GB ram, The only difference between the two is that one has a 320 GB hard drive and the other has a 500 GB hard drive. The 320 GB one came with Intel HD Graphics Family drivers installed version 8.15.10.2559 and works great. The one with the bigger drive had no driver installed except for the generic VGA driver that is contained within Microsoft windows, I have attempted to load this Intel driver into the computer, both from Intel and HP as well as the generic Intel driver for this platform-WinPro64 generation 2 with no success. Have also tried to download current graphic drivers for this model directly from HP and I always get the same message---"this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" Any help would be appreciated since the performance of this laptop is greatly diminished without the proper graphics driver. Both are "recertified" or "refurbished" off lease models that are in perfect shape. Thank you

0 Kudos
0 Replies