3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2014 1:50 PM by kevin_intel

I can't a a custom resolution

cdessoll

Hello, today I tried to add a custom resolution though the CustomModeApp in System32 to 1280x960 but, as of changing it I received this message: "The custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity". I know that my laptop's monitor can support higher then that, and lower too. Why is is that I can't change it? I would like to be able to add this one custom to my laptop.

Thanks,

Charles.

• 1. Re: I can't a a custom resolution
          kevin_intel

Please note that Computer Manufactures set limitations on their units so at this point is really hard to know what is causing this inconvenience but let me help you.

I first would like to get more information about your system configuration so please provide the following:

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

All these reports are extremely important so that I can provide accurate steps.

Kevin M

• 2. Re: I can't a a custom resolution
            cdessoll

Thank you for your reply.

I could got the the intel graphics report, nor the dixdiag (won't run) but was able to get the system info.

Here is the screenshot: Gyazo - 738de9e7fc6ca376d74be730193aa206.png

Thanks,

cdessoll

• 3. Re: I can't a a custom resolution
              kevin_intel

Hi cdessoll,

Thank you but I am afraid to say I cannot open the file. Please either post all information or attach it as file using the advanced Editor Options.

See post #1

Kevin m