12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 4:51 PM by CMata_Intel

unable to use IoT SDK under Linux

pruesch

when i try to compile the examples included in the workspace, i get: 01:34:29 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project 5_cpp_mraa_analog_input **** Info: Internal Builder is used for build i586-poky-linux-g++ -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++ -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++/i586-poky-linux -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++/bits -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/mraa -Os -g3 -Wall --sysroot=/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux -m32 -march=i586 -c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -o src/5_cpp_mraa_analog_input.o ../src/5_cpp_mraa_analog_input.cpp i586-poky-linux-g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory what did i miss?

• 1. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
          pruesch

you should really rethink your forum.... why am i not allowed to edit the first post in a thread?

you can get the linux sdk from here:

http://iotdk.intel.com/sdk/1.1/iotdk-ide-linux.tar.bz2

01:34:29 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project 5_cpp_mraa_analog_input **** Info: Internal Builder is used for build i586-poky-linux-g++ -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++ -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++/i586-poky-linux -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/c++/bits -I/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/include/mraa -Os -g3 -Wall --sysroot=/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/i586-poky-linux -m32 -march=i586 -c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -o src/5_cpp_mraa_analog_input.o ../src/5_cpp_mraa_analog_input.cpp i586-poky-linux-g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

• 2. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
            deium

pruesch,

It might not be as obvious as the Actions > Edit for replies, but there is a way to edit the original post.  Open the thread in a new window, the Edit option shows on the right side of the page for the poster (not part of post, but part of the page).  Hope this was helpful.

• 3. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
              pruesch

after executing the devkit-launcher and rebooting the machine, i was able to compile the c++ examples. but unfortunately, the edison crashes when i try to connect to it. even existing ssh connections freeze up when i try to start a debug session via the IDE :( i cant even ping it any longer! serial connection over the tty-terminal still works. how can i prevent this?

• 4. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                pruesch

ok, i dont know how, but i was able to connect to the edison at least for now. but when i try to start a debug session, the IDE prints the following:

Could not determine GDB version using command: i586-poky-linux-gdb --version

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 569, in <module>

main()

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 551, in main

known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 278, in addusersitepackages

user_site = getusersitepackages()

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 253, in getusersitepackages

user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 243, in getuserbase

USER_BASE = get_config_var('userbase')

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 524, in get_config_var

return get_config_vars().get(name)

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 423, in get_config_vars

_init_posix(_CONFIG_VARS)

File "/home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 302, in _init_posix

raise IOError(msg)

IOError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

• 5. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                  Intel_Peter

Hello pruesch,

Have you followed the Getting Started ‒ Installing Intel® IoT Developer Kit on Linux* Guide? Please check it out and follow the steps carefully, take special attention to the "Setting up Eclipse" and "Running a Sample Application" sections.

Peter.

• 6. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                    pruesch

there is not much to follow in this guide. i can connect to the edison using the remote system explorer.

• 7. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                      deium

pruesch

regarding ssh into the Edison - Open a console session using the console cable if you have to.

> IOError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

Check your directory/filename.  Linux is case sensitive for filenames.  Your error is clear.

• 8. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                        pruesch

do i need to add some symbolic link to my python2.7 files ?

• 9. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                          deium

what is the full path to your pyconfig.h?

• 10. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                            pruesch

/usr/include/python2.7/*

• 11. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                              deium

your code is looking for it at /home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h

Do you also have a copy of pyconfig.h in the iotdk subdirectories, you may need to look for it in the /home/peter/Downloads/iotdk-ide-Linux/devkit-x86/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/user/include and sub dirs.

• 12. Re: unable to use IoT SDK under Linux
                                CMata_Intel

Hi pruesch

Are you still having problems with this?

Regards;

CMata