Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Any mini-PCIe cards with Bluetooth 4.1?

DHeal3
Beginner

In development projects I have previously used Intel 6235 and Intel 7260AC cards, both of which are Bluetooth 4.0.

Bluetooth 4.1 has been released for about a year now, but Intel doesn't seem to have made any announcements regarding support of it on its product.

Does anybody know:

• Does Intel plan to allow software upgrading of these cards to Bluetooth 4.1?
  • Does anybody know of any mini-PCIe combo cards (Wi-Fi + Bluetooth) with Bluetooth 4.1 capability?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello dh29

Regarding the lagging, please consider the following:

1. Excessive Bluetooth Devices – If your Bluetooth network is trying to connect to numerous devices at once, your mouse movement will suffer. Turn off the devices you are not using.

2. Poor USB Bluetooth Dongle Location - If you put your dongle on the back of your computer and shove the system into the back of your desk, the signal has to travel far and through a lot of material. Use a USB extender and tape the dongle on the back of the desk. It will be out of the way but closer to your mouse.

3. Low Battery in Device – If the signal is weak coming out of your mouse, the device will not function properly . Replace those batteries.

4. Interference with Wireless Networks – Although rare, I have seen problems when a Bluetooth device or dongle was very close to a powerful wireless signal. The biggest problem I saw was a dongle placed right next to a wireless router.

5. Poor Drivers – Many Bluetooth systems come with poor drivers. Updating them helps a great deal.

Please let us know if this helped you.