4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 4:03 PM by paulonp

Laptop can't connect to 2.4Ghz frequencies, only 5Ghz frequencies

Saul_

My Windows 8.1 laptop, fitted with an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN wireless adapter, suddenly stopped automatically connecting to my router a few months ago. I attempted to connect wirelessly to multiple other routers, all to no avail. My laptop could only connect through an ethernet cable/tethered hotspot. I then moved houses and got the internet set up on a new provider and suddenly my laptop could connect wirelessly again! Sadly, after trying to connect to my university's wi-fi, I found out that the laptop wasn't fixed, it was simply able to connect to my new 5Ghz internet but still had trouble connecting to 2.4Ghz access points.

I've tried everything I can to fix this as my laptop is too vital to my studies for me to be without it even for a short period of time, therefore sending it off for diagnostic and repairs is out of the question for now. So far I have tried:

• Installing the latest Windows 8.1 drivers for the card (currently on v.15.14.0.2)
      • Replacing the wireless card with a new one (same make and model)
      • A complete, fresh re-installation of Windows 8.1

Running out of ideas on what to try and so turning to the community for help. Thanks much in advance!