3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 9:14 AM by BobLoblaw

atomic.h library support

BobLoblaw

I'm trying to use a library which depends on atomic.h (Radiohead).

I have copied the library into:

arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\arduino\edison\libraries

I receive an error on compile about unable to find:

#include <util/atomic.h>

I do see that atomic.h is included in multiple folders under arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\tools.  I don't quite understand how the emulation works and if I can use the libraries and how.

Could someone explain to me if this is possible.  If so, how?

Thanks much

• 1. Re: atomic.h library support
          mhahn

You probably would need to use "Import Library ... -> Add Library ..." within Arduino IDE in order to make the compiler aware of your addition.

I guess following isn't recommended - still you might add it to hardware\tools\edison\sysroots\core2-32-poky-linux\usr\include where the compiler should find it out of the box

Have a look at the compile output in IDE console

• 2. Re: atomic.h library support
            mhahn

However, that said - util/atomic.h wouldn't work out of the box as it's AVR hw related

• 3. Re: atomic.h library support
              BobLoblaw

Do you  know if there is a verson of atomic.h that does work?

I see there are other copies of atomic.h.  I'm not entirely sure how this directory structure works and which one corresponds to util/atomic.h.

For example, i see a copy here:

arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\tools\x86\i586-poky-linux-uclibc\usr\include

As well as here:

arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\tools\edison\sysroots\core2-32-poky-linux\usr\src\debug\eglibc\2.19-r0\eglibc-2.19\libc\sysdeps\i386\i486\bits

Is it possible that one of these may work?  What path would I use to include these?