3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 6:35 AM by allan_intel

Why cant i downgrade bios to other that bios 0030 on D54250wykh

Freejackk

Hey

i´m trying to get my Raidsonic ICY box to Work with my Nuc, but it only Work if i turn it on right after POST, before and after it simply wont Work, so i was trying to downgrafe my bios, but can only go back from 0032 to 0030, i would like to go to 0025 but get error during bios downgrade with all bios other than bios 0030, why is it impossible to get lower that bios 0030 ?

Best regards

bios1.jpgbios2.jpg

• 1. Re: Why cant i downgrade bios to other that bios 0030 on D54250wykh
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the NUC community.

Please bear in mind that downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported. An earlier BIOS version may not contain the support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support for the latest board revisions currently being manufactured.

Have you tried downgrading BIOS one step at a time?

Allan.

• 2. Re: Why cant i downgrade bios to other that bios 0030 on D54250wykh
            Freejackk

Cant downgrade in steps, only to 0030, every other bios fails, the reason i wanted to test 0025 is because i know that the performance menu in bios is working in bios 0025 so i could underclock my G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 MHz ram to 1600 MHz, cause they run unstable on my Nuc with BSOD and error in memtest86. Then if i got the ram to run at 1600 MHz i wanted to see if that changed the fact that the Nuc refuses to boot then RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-122CL-U3 is connected and turned on. The ICY BOX Works fine on my other 5 computers, so i know that it is a Nuc related problem, but i kinda ran out of options to test since i cant see that to try now, it stops with the big NUC logo under post and freezes and dont show the info about F2 to bios and F10 to boot menu.

I borrowed a pair on Kingston KVR16LS11/4 that is on the support list over approved  ram, but that didnt change anything other than the Nuc dont get BSOD and error on memtest86, but the ICY is still not working.

Allan do you have any other ideas on what i can try ?

• 3. Re: Why cant i downgrade bios to other that bios 0030 on D54250wykh
              allan_intel

Thanks for the information.

This issue about Performance Tab at BIOS level has been reported to our engineering team, and they are currently working to get this issue resolved.

Allan.