1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2009 12:43 PM by Aryan2411

srsc16 Raid Controller "predictive failure detected"

i have a SRSC16 Raid Controller and it seems to be functioning ok but if i go in to the web console and click on the drive either under physical orlogical view and select properties from the right, i get predictive device failure. on drives 0 & 2, i reloaded embedded and replaced all the drive also tried another raid card. also tried another storage enclosure, with all difference cables. i even went the route of trying different sata cables and mother board processor and memory jsut to see if anything would change and so far no???!!!

has any one seen this before ? the card firmware is ver 713N the web console is version 2.19-00

• 1. Re: srsc16 Raid Controller "predictive failure detected"
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

Actually, predictive failure means that one of the drives is going to fail.

The specific Physical drive reported a predictive failure caution through the SMART(Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) function.

Try to use the hard drive tool supplied by the Manufacturer of the hard drive to test the drives each one by one. Intel does not provide these tools and does not comment on these tools.

From Intel Side, all you need to do is to check:
          -  The drives are on the compatibility list to prevent future problems.

- Make sure that all the board firmware are updated.

Check on the Board Download Page Website

- Make sure that the raid controller firmware is updated.

Check on the Card Download Page Website

- Make sure that the backplane firmware is updated. Make sure you know whether you have an expander or non-expander backplane and choose the correct firmware download

From Intel Side, all you need to do is to check:
          The drives are on the compatibility list to prevent future problems.
          Make sure that all the board firmware are updated.
          Make sure that the raid controller firmware is updated.
          Make sure that the backplane firmware is updated.

Finally get the RAID Log File

This can be done easily using the CMD Tool.
          Check this link: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-3312

All the best,

Regards,
          Aryan.