3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 1:40 PM by Aaru

How do you properly create a new project in Eclipse for Iotdk?

Aaru

How do you properly create a new C/C++ project using the iotdk Eclipse IDE?
      I have been using the given samples and just rewriting the code.

I would rather make a new project.
      If anyone can share a link or explain briefly the necessary steps to do so it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit:

I did see the configuration properties xml file (devkit-settings) and tried to use that. However I don't think I set up the project correctly..

• 1. Re: How do you properly create a new project in Eclipse for Iotdk?
          mikemoy

I had this same complaint a month or so ago. Raised a fuss about it, finally got some attention. Got an e-mail from someone at Intel about it. They told me they were working on it and are addressing this issue. Sure is taking a long time to address it.  Anyway, There are quite a few things you need to add in when creating your own from scratch. But it will work.

I would sugesst for now that you open the "5_cpp_mraa_analog_input" example as that has most of what you may need. then go to the project properties and look at all the setting therein and use the same settings to your new project. It's a PITA, but it does work as this is what i have been doing.

• 2. Re: How do you properly create a new project in Eclipse for Iotdk?
            Aaru

So how did they make all of their sample projects? Why can't they just publish the step by step for the way they put together their samples?

• 3. Re: How do you properly create a new project in Eclipse for Iotdk?
              Aaru

Ok I just right clicked one of the sample projects and clicked "copy" and then I just pasted it and renamed it to something else.
              I then just deleted the source files and started from scratch. You will have to make a new run config for it and set the correct paths.
              This is not really what I was looking for but I guess will do until they put up an official tutorial or something.