Thanks for joining the Graphics community.
I just verified installation with have disk method, here are the steps I used:
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Beta Intel HD Graphics driver to
13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf
16. Click "Next"
Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close"
Hey Allan, Thanks for the response. I followed the steps you gave me but I run into an issue when I get to step 14.
I am in the graphics subfolder yet there is no igdlh64.inf file located there, there is only a kit64ics.inf there. I also tried to go directly to the subfolder with just the file explorer and again there is no igdlh64.inf file.
Is there some reason that this file does not exist when I download it? As I have downloaded it through your link and the original link that I had posted in the question.
The driver does not seem to be there because, I have provided you with wrong driver version, and I apologize.
According to your system specifications, the processor model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU integrates Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and the driver is not the same for Intel® HD Graphics 5100 or 5200 series.
Please try this link: Intel® Download Center
Thanks Allan, I did my digging myself and I realized that I have a 3rd gen i7 and iris 5100 and 5200 are for 4th gen. Before you responded the first time I did manage to fix the graphical errors myself using the 3rd party application slimdrivers, but after seeing your post I figured I should try the intel recommended driver.
I installed the driver via the link you gave me and it didn't have the graphical errors and I was having higher fps than with the driver I installed from the slimdrivers app.
Thanks for all the help!