3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 12:58 PM by CMata_Intel

iSCSI initiator on Intel Galileo

NeoID

Hi, I'm new to the community!

I've brought a Galileo in order to make a iSCSI to USB adapter. I have a few devices at home that only support USB and no network and own a NAS capable of creating iSCSI targets, so I'm looking into using my Galileo as a bridge. I've already got the USB client port to work perfectly, being able to pass-through any device such as a USB stick connected to the USB Host port. Sadly, even though I anticipated that iSCSI would be the simplest to get working, I'm totally stuck.

I'm no Linux expert, but I've tried both the Debian and Ubilinux, but neither seem to include the correct kernel-drivers for using iSCSI. Any guides on how to proceed? I've noticed the LAN speed to be quite slow on the Galileo, so not even sure if it would work due to the limited processing speed. Would still be quite awesome to understand what I'm doing wrong and see it working.

Output:

oot@galileo:/opt# iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.1.50
      iscsiadm: can not connect to iSCSI daemon (111)!
      iscsiadm: Could not scan /sys/class/iscsi_transport.
      iscsiadm: iSCSI driver tcp is not loaded. Load the module then retry the command.

iscsiadm: Could not perform SendTargets discovery: iSCSI driver not found. Please make sure it is loaded, and retry the operation
      root@galileo:/opt# modprobe -v iscsi_tcp
      FATAL: Module iscsi_tcp not found.

• 1. Re: iSCSI initiator on Intel Galileo
          CMata_Intel

Hi NeoID;

The supported OS is the Yocto image that you can download here :Galileo Software Downloads. The issue that you are having it could be related to the drivers as you said.

1. Could you tell us which image are you using right now in your board (Yocto, Debian)?

2. Did you installed some drivers in order to use iSCSI or you are just using the default packages in your image?

I found this website with instructions and requirements for the installation of the drivers and recognition of the devices. Take a look at the Download Section, you could find the packages you need in there.

I don't know if you already use those links but let me know if are helpful for you and all the advances that you get doing this.

Regards;

CMata

• 2. Re: iSCSI initiator on Intel Galileo
            NeoID

1. I'm using galileo-debian | SourceForge.net since it ships with a VM and a good guide on how to build a image with custom drivers.
            2. I've found the problem, I've not included the following into my image:

Kernel configuration

Device Drivers  --->

SCSI device support  --->

<*> SCSI disk support

[*] SCSI low-level drivers  --->

<M> iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP

I'll give Yocto a try once I've understand how to customize it to work with iSCSI and g_mass_storage. I'm curious if it offers better performance since the LAN adapter seems to max out at about 700kB/s. I assume it's correct that the orange LED on the Ethernet port is always on?

• 3. Re: iSCSI initiator on Intel Galileo
              CMata_Intel

Great news NeoID.

About the LED in the Ethernet port. Yes, the orange LED is always On. When you connect a cable to this port, the other LED turns On.

Regards;

CMata