Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics Pink/Green fuzzy pixels appearing on my screen.(PLEASE HELP)

ANyam
Beginner

This has been going on for about, maybe 4-5 months now. I have Intel HD Graphics Card, so that is already bad. I don't know if it was previously used, but yeah. Anyways, I've been dealing with the pink screen for a very long time, first it used to come if I played any Shockwave or 3D games on my computer for a long time or when my pc gets overheated. Now, it starts coming regularly and I tried to fiddle with the Graphics properties and try to change the color enhancement that works, for a short period of time.And at some times, it would just magically disappear if I tilt my pc or not touch it. I don't know what to do, I don't have any money to pay for any pc repairs, but what will I have to do? I have an Acer Aspire 4339-2618. Please help, I can't deal with this any longer. Its getting worse, now it won't go away as easy.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please post your dxdiag report here? What is the brand and computer model?

All this information will be very helpful so I can provide accurate troubleshooting steps.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Adjoa

The issue (pink screen) you are describing sounds like a hardware issue with the laptop. Have you contacted the place of purchase or ACER for support? They would need to be contacted to resolve hardware related issues. You mentioned in your post that you were concerned it could be overheating. Have you used compressed air to blow any dust accumulation out of the CPU cooling fan that would inhibit cooling?

Also, you mentioned in your May posts that you could not get the graphics driver to install. Because ACER has customized the Intel HD Graphics drivers specifically for your system I would strongly recommend using the drivers supplied by ACER at the following link: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_8.15.10.2342_W7x86_A.zip?acerid=634594587664066924&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE 4339&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6 ACER Driver Support

In your May post you also asked if it is possible to upgrade the graphics of your laptop. Because your laptop has integrated graphics and part of the CPU, the only way to upgrade the graphics would be to purchase a new laptop that has the level of graphics capability that you desire.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos